Sunday 21 August 2016

Soccer Gecko

Way back through the mists of time, before Wimbledon, before the Rio Olympics, there was a thing called Euro 2016. People in England have been trying to forget all about it, but it happened. What's less well known is that it was also the beginning of NoodleWings sports week! I've already posted drawing number two from that week, the tricky tennis pine marten. Things are slightly out of order around here at the moment, above is drawing number one.

Drawn in dedication to Portugal's win and in fear of Zazzle copyright issues, I went for an invented shirt logo and no references to Ronaldo. I've never been to Portugal, but I have been to Spain, where I was always delighted when geckos came to visit the villa. I read that they're also common visitors to Portuguese homes, so it's a gecko footballer. Gecknaldo.

No comments:

Post a Comment