Friday 2 September 2016

Change Your Huion Lead!

My Huion H610 Pro tablet has finally given up after two years service, but before I launch it out of my window like a frisbee, I thought I would share some information which might prevent the same thing from happening to yours (so that my tablet's death won't be completely in vain and all that).

It's a simple recommendation. The mini USB port gradually broke away from the circuit board inside the tablet (there was even a fun period where the connection came and went depending on how I held the tablet). This is because there's too much strain on the lead and port, which can get pulled and knocked left and right when moved around.

If you look at the market leading Wacom tablets, they have angled leads, which fit snugly next to their tablet and are subject to less physical strain. Handily, you can currently pick up 'USB to USB Mini' angled leads (left, right, or downward) to fit your Huion H610 Pro on Amazon UK for as little as £1.89 (see picture above).

In my case, I found that minimum charges for repairs weren't worth it for the price of the tablet, so I had a go at fixing it myself, and optimistically ordered a left angled cable which I couldn't cancel when my efforts failed. So I thought I'd stick the better cable, old stylus and spare nibs on Ebay. Here's a link to the page if you're interested:

Huion Spares Ebay Listing

The Huion H610 Pro still seems to be a popular budget option (see mostly positive Amazon reviews) and I got on well enough with it while it lasted, so hopefully this post will be useful to somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment