Wednesday 23 November 2016

Tasmanian Devils, Poker and Wanelo

Dear reader, cast your mind back to mid October and you may recall a minor story about the medicinal qualities of the milk of Australia's largest carnivorous marsupial, the Tasmanian devil:

BBC - Tasmanian Devil Milk Fights Superbugs

Yes, apparently for their young to thrive in a dirty environment, devils may have adapted to fight infections that would poleaxe your average mollycoddled human. Inspired by this miracle of nature, I decided to immortalise the devil on a selection of random merchandise.

Lucky Devil

I wanted a secondary theme and was considering 'handsome devil', a Tasmanian devil in smoking jacket and cravat, with pencil moustache and elegant cigarette holder; but 'lucky devil' conjured slightly more dynamic and less lung-damaging images to mind, and Zazzle sells poker chips and playing cards.

Wanelo

In tenuously related news, I recently created a profile on product sharing website Wanelo (Wa-ne-lo, a sort of contraction of Want Need Love), a Pinterest type site but for keen shoppers. There are no referral fees for items sold through Wanelo, but it's another platform for a Zazzle designer to introduce the world to their products, essential if you want to earn from your efforts.

I may be having some beginner's problems though, in that Wanelo hasn't associated this blog with my Wanelo profile, which is necessary to create a Wanelo store. This may be because this blog is a uk domain featuring products from Zazzle's uk domain, whereas I've shared products on Wanelo from the Zazzle '.com' domain to cater for American buyers.

The upshot is that I'm going to try posting some new 'Lucky Devil' products below but from the '.com' domain, Hopefully that will indicate to Wanelo that I am who I say I am, while visitors clicking the links will be redirected to their local domain. With fingers crossed, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment